Wednesday, October 6, 2010

EOC Week 1: Excellent Customer Service

 I was at the mall this past Saturday looking for an outfit to wear out that night. I usually shop at H&M because they have many stylistic products with excellent value. As I was looking at this button up, this lady sales associate approached me and told me that I would look really good in that shirt. Usually when a sales associate says that to me, I automatically think she’s trying to land a sale. I told her I wasn’t trying to buy the shirt because it wasn’t my style of clothing. She said she understood me and she does that a lot. From this point forward, we were having general conversation. The hysterical part about it is the fact our conversation didn’t have anything to deal with fashion or any type of apparel. She was telling me what she does on the weekends, the school she goes to, her career and long term goals, etc. I ended up buying a belt and when I was walking out the door, she stuck her hand out so I could shake it. She said it was nice to meet me and she hopes to see me again. I’m thrilled and because of how she incorporated her personality into her customer service skills, I’m willing to go back and shop more and hope I can see her again. She established a good customer relationship with me and “customer relationships and value are especially important in today’s tough economic times…” (Marketing: An Introduction, pg 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment